With social distancing rules slightly more relaxed, its looking good for running to be a little more sociable also. But before we get the go ahead from England Athletics to resume our club nights, we all need to continue to be mindful of government guidance.
In the meantime, since unlike other sports with dedicated grounds, running occurs in public places, we need to remain especially mindful of the contact a group of runners would have with the public they are passing and also the perception it might have on them. We would therefore like you to consider the following, for the safety of our club members, their families and the general public:
- Please stick to government guidelines that stipulate that we can meet in groups of up to six and socially distance as you run
- Please avoid meeting at Spirella
- Please be mindful on how you arrange your runs/sessions so you can stick to the group size without disappointing anyone being left out
- If you are running in a group of 6, please avoid running in Letchworth or Hitchin Town Centre. We don’t want to upset pedestrians by getting too close.
- Please also avoid the main part of the Greenway and Norton Common during busy times.
- Virtual Runs will continue (see forum) so please continue to post your results
We all miss you dearly and hopefully, we will soon be enjoying our club nights again!! But in the mean time stay safe everyone.
Happy Running with NHRR
News, Notifications and Race Results