Standalone 10k 2018 - FAQs
ORThe race is full, is there a waiting list?
Yes, please register here
I can't run any more, can I offer my place to someone else?
If you have entered and are unable to run then:
1. You can transfer your place to another runner, fill in this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Withdraw from the race by emailing email@example.com and your place will be reallocated to someone on the waiting list. Sorry, we cannot offer refunds or transfers to next year’s race but a portion of your entry fee will be donated to our club charities.
I can't find my name in the entry list but I have a paypal receipt?
Please forward your paypal receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where and when can I pick up my race number and timing chip?
This year, number and timing chip pickup will be at Trisports, 48 Station Road, Letchworth, SG6 3BE. Trisports are the lead sponsor of our events and we are very grateful to them for their support.
- To pick up your number, please make sure you know your name and number, your race number can be found here on www.standalone10k.org.uk in the week before the event.
- You can pick up numbers and chips for other people, just bring a list of their names and numbers with you.
- Pickup will be open 1600-1900 on Thursday 4th October, 1600-1900 on Friday 5th and 1100-1700 on Saturday 6th.
- Please come by bike, foot or public transport if at all possible. Trisports is 2 minutes' walk from Letchworth railway station.
- There is no parking for number pick-up at Trisports. If you are coming by car, there is a public car park (just 20p) at Openshaw Way, immediately across Station Road from Trisports. Parking is also available at Letchworth Outdoor Pool, SG6 4UF (3 minutes' walk) and at Morrisons supermarket, Broadway, SG6 3TS (5 minutes).
Trisports have arranged with several of their suppliers to have representatives present during the registration days. This gives all runners a chance to chat with the experts and discover more about their products.
Thursday 4th October 1600-1900
Ronhill – run clothing and accessories
Saturday 6th October 1100-1700
Mizuno – run shoes and clothing, including ” try before you buy” on run shoes. There will be a selection of neutral and stability run shoes available, for you to go for a test run.
Torq – all you need to know about pre, during and after race nutrition. Lots of samples to taste.
1000 miles – socks for all activities and performance
Trisports will also be running a raffle in store in aid of Garden House Hospice Care. Prizes include a pair of Mizuno ladies run shoes, pair of men’s runs shoes and Torq nutrition pack plus other prizes
Or you can pick your number and chip up on race day 730 - 9 but don't leave it until the last minute!
Can I run wearing headphones?
Sorry, no. Under the terms of our race license anyone wearing headphones during the race will be disqualified. For your own safety and for those around you, you need to be able to hear what's going on, especially if a marshal is trying to communicate with you.
Can I run wearing bone conducting headphones?
Sorry, no, as we don't have a route fully closed to traffic, bone conducting headphones will not be allowed.
Can I run with a dog?
Sorry, no dogs.
Can I run with a running buggy?
Sorry but for safety reasons we can't allow running buggies.
Are wheelchairs allowed?
We are really sorry but the course isn't suitable for wheelchair athletes.
I'd like to join a running club...
You are more than welcome to come and run with North Herts Road Runners, more info here. And we also have some Standalone 10k training plans.
Where do I park on the day?
- The main car park is accessed from Stotfold Road, Letchworth, SG6 4JS.
- Please note, there is NO EXIT during the race! Please, NO DROP OFFS at the main car park due to small entrance and constant need for incoming cars only!
- We will have signs on the main routes through Letchworth directing you to the main parking - please follow these.
- There is NO PARKING at Standalone Farm.
- Alternative parking for those who need to leave before the main car park is open (approx. 10:45) is at The Spirella Building, Letchworth, SG6 4ET. Please allow a 15min walk to Standalone Farm.
- To minimize the impact on local residents, please don’t park on the roads around the farm
Is there a cut off time?
No there isn't. But you may be moved on to the path later on in the race.
Are there any entries on the day?
No, not this year, the race is full to bursting!
Is there somewhere to store my bag?
- Your race number also has a baggage tag attached
- Simply tear it off and attach it to your bag before taking it to the baggage area
Are there any race photos?
Race photos provided by mybibnumber will be available to view and purchase after the race, sign up at https://www.mybibnumber.com/gallery/414 before the race to be the first to hear when the photos are uploaded and to get 10% off your order. Enter to win your event photos, one email address will be chosen at random and will receive all of their images (one participant) for free
Where will the results be?
- Race results will be displayed in the farm yard as soon as they are available.
- Results will be published on the Standalone web site: www.standalone10k.org.uk as well as on our timing providers website: http://www.sportsystems.co.uk/ss/results
- If you have provided a mobile number, you will receive a text message containing your finishing time (no charge).
What about the children's fun run?
More info here
Where does the race go?
More info here