2023 Runners information
The race will start at 9:30, Please turn up in plenty of time to pick up your race number, (registration will close at 9am), t-shirt if you have ordered one, go to the toilet and be at the start ready to run. We suggest you arrive an hour before the race starts.
BEFORE THE EVENT
Click here for Information about road closures
Keep up to date!
- More information and latest news on the race can be found at www.standalone10k.org.uk or on Instagram @standalone_10k and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/standalone10k
RUNNING NUMBER (INCLUDES CHIP) AND T-SHIRT PICK UP
This year we are using a local provider for our timing and results and are also moving to reusable race numbers. Your number will include a timing chip and has holes in each corner for pinning to your running top. After the race, you can either return your number in bins available in the finish area or at the baggage area if you need your number to collect your bag.
You can pick up your running number, and iconic Standalone t-shirt if you have ordered one, at Trisports in Letchworth (48 Station Road, Letchworth, Hertfordshire SG6 3BE) on
Trisports – Thursday 28th September 4pm – 6pm
Trisports -Friday 29th Sept - 4pm - 6pm
Trisports -Saturday 30th Sept - 10am - 4pm
Standalone farm - Sunday 1st October 7:45am - 9am
There will be no late entries or entries on the day as the race is full.
ON RACE DAY
The race will start at 9:30, please ensure you turn up in plenty of time to pick up your race number and t-shirt, go to the toilet and be at the start ready to run
Stevenage Leisure will be providing a group warm up in the farm car park at 8.45am.
Getting to the race:
- We are working hard to make Standalone 10k 2023 as environmentally friendly as possible and we need your help with this.
- If you live locally, please walk or cycle to the farm, you'll arrive nicely warmed up and it is a great cool down after the race! We will be providing additional cycle racks on the farm, just follow the signs at race HQ.
- Standalone Farm is just a 17 minute walk from Letchworth Garden City Train station, which is on the London to Cambridge line
- Please car share, if possible, not only is this more environmentally friendly but it will also ease pressure on our car park and reduce queues
Race day car parking:
- The main car park is accessed from Stotfold Road, Letchworth, SG6 4JS.
- The car park opens at 7:45am.
- Official race parking is free.
- Please note, there is NO EXIT from the car park during the race! as the exit crosses the race path! The exit from the car park will open at approx 10:45. Please, NO DROP OFFS at the main car park due to small entrance and constant need for incoming cars only!
- We will have signs on the main routes through Letchworth directing you to the main parking - please follow these.
- There is NO PARKING in the usual Standalone Farm car parks.
- Alternative parking for those who need to leave before the main car park is open is at The Spirella Building, Letchworth, SG6 4ET. Please allow for a 15 minute walk to Standalone Farm:
- To minimise the impact on local residents, please don’t park on the roads around the farm
- We will have limited baggage facilities on the farm, where possible, we do ask runners to turn up ready to run. You will need your race number to collect your bag and there will be bins for you to return your number in this area.
- Please give yourself plenty of time to use them and get to the start.
- We have a men’s 5-man urinal which will be placed behind the toilets.
- There will be signs based on predicted times, Please line up with these signs to allow faster runners to progress with their race without having to overtake.
- Please note that the finish has moved to the farm access road (see below). We will however not close the finish area until after the start to allow easy access to the finish.
Opportunity to recycle old trainers
- If you have any old, clean trainers that you would like to recycle we will have a bin at registration to collect these. Please tie the laces together. The trainers will be going to https://www.jogonagain.com who recycle them in various way.
DURING THE RACE
- Please obey the instructions of the race marshals and police at all times.
- You must stay on the left hand side of the road and you must stay within the line of marshals and cones on the by-pass.
- Wearing headphones (including bone conducting headphones) is prohibited for your own safety and for the safety of other runners.
- Failing to comply with any of these instructions will result in disqualification.
- Marshals have no powers to stop traffic outside the road closure area therefore all runners are responsible for their own safety.
- The race is not suitable for wheelchairs, dogs or running buggies
- Runners may be asked to move on to pavements so we can reopen roads
- Water station will be available on the course at 5km
AFTER THE RACE
IMPORTANT: The finish area has moved to the access road and is now on tarmac (not grass as in previous years). This is due to some overall traffic flow improvements at Standalone Farm, which now features a heavy-duty rubber and gravel carpark and drive. While great for cars, we considered this a tripping hazard for runners, hence we moved the finish. Please note:
- The race course is not affected by this change, you will still turn into the farm as before, just at a slightly lesser angle
- There are 2 speed bumps in the last 100m. They will be marked.
- The finish area will only be accessible to runners and officials, not spectators. There is a narrow grass verge where spectators can get close to the finish, but the best place to watch will on the foot path on Wilbury Road. Runners can meet friends and family at the exit of the finish area near the farm buildings and food stalls.
- Water in the finish area will be provided in reusable cups but please don't take them home with you!
- Bring your own labelled water bottle and leave it on one of the dedicated tables in the finish area so you can pick it up once you are finished
- We aim to present as soon as possible after race has finished, please listen for announcements
- Cash prizes will be awarded to:
- 1st-5th Male and Female finishers (£80,£60,£50,£40,£30)
- £100 for new course record (Male 30:28 (David Wardle 2012), Female 34:29 (Hannah Walker 2011))
- 1st MV40, MV50, MV60, MV70, FV35, FV45, FV55, FV65, MU20, FU20 (£20)
- 1st Male and Female Team (of 4)
- Please note: runners are eligible for one individual prize only.
At the Farm:
- You'll be able to purchase hot food, coffee, cake and sports equipment.
- Sorry, there are no showers!
- The farm is closed to the public on race day.
- Race results will be displayed electronically in the registration gazebo using your bib number.
- Results will be published on the Standalone web site: www.standalone10k.org.uk as well as on our timing providers website: https://my.raceresult.com/230198
- You will receive an email message confirming your finishing time.
- Photos taken by our volunteer photographers will be shared after the event.
Free Kids’ Fun Run:
- Unfortunately we are no longer able to offer a children’s fun run but there are local junior park runs in Letchworth Garden City and Hitchin every Sunday at 9am. https://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/juniorevents/#geo=3.35/51.55/3.2
- Come and run with North Herts Road Runners, we meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays, more information can be found here: www.nhrr.org.uk/
- Look out for other races organized by North Herts Road Runners
- 1st Saturday of the month 5k - 1st Saturday of each month at 9am on Norton Common
Thanks to our amazing sponsors and supporters!
- E H Crouch
- Vutie Beets
- Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation
- Hollington Health
- Letchworth Scouts
- Letchworth Army Cadets
- The race organisers will not be held responsible for incorrect reporting of results if your race number is worn incorrectly.